The 'Applied CIMS' (CIMS4) course is recommended for all personnel involved in any aspect of incident management and is designed to equip personnel with the knowledge and skills required to apply the principles of CIMS to a range of emergency response scenarios.
- CIMS 2 (NZQA Unit Std 17279) as a stand-alone course;
- CIMS 4 (NZQA Unit Stds 29553 & 29554) requires CIMS2 as entry criteria; or
- CIMS 2 & 4 combined (NZQA Unit Stds 17279, 29553 & 29554) into one course.
- the number of expected participants
- the logistical cost of getting us to and from your place
- the amount of customisation required to meet any specific outcomes you may have
- $350 (+GST) pp for Emergency Services personnel
- $450 (+GST) pp for all others (elsewhere up to $700.00 pp).
Training with us?
The government has determined that training in CIMS to the end of 2019 shall occur in accordance with the CIMS v2 Guidelines. For our CIMS training (Aug-Dec 2019) either version works with a full changeover in Dec 2019 to the V3 Guidelines.
CIMS for Governance
Every response has executive oversight, known as Governance. It may be carried out by chief executives, senior agency managers or by political leaders. Governance has ultimate responsibility for the response, but delegates authority and operational control to a Controller.
Our 'CIMS for Governance' one-day training event looks at an overview of CIMS with a specific focus on the core elements essential to a Governance Group
- How does this apply to me?
- What does a well managed response look and feel like?
- What documentation should I be seeing or asking for from the Controller?
- How do I/we as a Governance team best support the response effort?
This event is non-unit standards based and co-delivered by CIMS practitioners and corporate managers who have led through major response efforts, our focus is on building knowledge and ensuring your organisation is well placed to face future events.
The three videos below are from training materials for the Incident command System (ICS) using the Planning P. The process is very similar to the process as outlined in the CIMS Guidelines.
Student / Organisation Feedback - post event
"Thanks to Ross, Tony and crew for organising another successful CIMS 4 course and for providing a refresher to a couple of our Managers. Kudos must go to providing some good classwork and fostering the learning environment, all course participants made comment on the high level of instruction and presentation skill". - DHB/Health Participant